Monday, August 04, 2008

At Long Last

At long last, I am returning to the blogging world. Countless times since April I have logged in to my account and started to write a post, only to have been struck with insane writer's block. And that has been frustrating, because I have had much to say, but have not known how to articulate myself. But alas, at long last, here I am again. So, for the two people who read this, I am back in all my glory.

Since it's been so long, I'll just give an update on my recent state of being.

CPE. I have been spending my weeks doing my CPE. For those who don't know what this is, it's basically an internship. Yes, this summer I've had the privilege of paying to work. awesome, right? Actually, it's been a good experience for the most part-better than I had prepared myself for. I had many, many people telling me how horrendous this experience would be. The worst part really was needing to wake up much earlier than I would like once a week, and needing to reflect about EVERY SINGLE PART of my life for 9 straight hours on Mondays. However, I will say that God answered my prayers and gave me a really great group of folks to be with. In addition, i prayed a lot that this would be a good, life-giving experience, and I am walking away feeling encouraged. Thanks, God. You are always faithful! Next Monday will be my last class, and I am ready to be done, but thankful for a good experience.
In addition to the class aspect of CPE, I have been working about 20-25 hours a week with the church. I've been working with the youth ministry and have been visiting our homebound church members. Both projects have been really amazing...we've had lunch for our kids at the church twice a week, which has been super cool. We eat food (donated to us by God's Pantry!), we have a short devotional time, and then play kickball. It's been such a sweet time just to BE with the kids. Our kids have grown closer to each other, the leaders, and to God. and just by being together. We haven't put on a flashy program... we're just offering a time to be together. simple, but profound. when we are together, we pray. we eat. we play. we laugh. sometimes the kids get mad. sometimes i get frustrated. but i believe through this that we are being what the Church is meant to be. and we've seen fruit....again, thanks God for your amazing faithfulness for our meager efforts!
And homebound visits.... amazing. I've learned so much, and met some of the most incredibly devoted followers of Christ. Most of these folks have been members of the church for 50 years or more...have been there through thick and thin. I've gotten to hear stories, bring communion, offer prayers, and get to know some saintly people. I've found out more about the church from these conversations in just a couple of months than in the three years I've been there.

Aunthood. Melissa's water broke today.... and I will soon have the joy of offically being an aunt. I can't wait to meet my nephew... we've waited so long to meet this little guy. I hope he likes us, because we're all pretty pumped about him. And melissa is amazing... doing a completely natural birth at home. What a rockstar.

"What are you doing next?" I am beginning to loathe this question. My free time is spent job searching, and I don't know where I'll be, and it's scary. Plain and simple. I am hoping to be involved with an amazing ministry somewhere, but not sure where that is yet. So, if you are reading... pray for this job search. There are times that I'm excited about what's next, and times that I am just plain clueless and scared. But I'm trusting that God has something amazing... and trusting that God will use me for crazy and lifechanging things.

Free time. I have recently been introduced to the joy that is Anne of Green Gables. Simply thrilling and simple. And I am loving reading a book that I picked out on my own... something that is not about theology... and i think, "how did i NOT read this as a child?"

that is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

praying for you and with you my dear sweet chica friend. you are loved!